Today I'm linking up with the workout vixen herself Skinny Meg!
Yes I'm very pregnant. And pleasantly plump.
But I'm still working it out. I have been feeling SO much better since I started working out again a few weeks ago.
This would be a great workout for anyone wanting to start using free weights and that are low on time.
I do 3 sets of each exercise with about 15 reps each time. I choose a heavy enough weight that the last 4 or so are REALLY hard for me to do.
Crazy Mama's Prego/Beginner
Free Weights Workout
I do this workout in a circuit fashion. So I do each set once do my 15 reps (or more for legs) and then move onto the next down the list. Then start over from the beginning and repeat for a total of 3 times. I do this workout twice a week and I do a different workout with resistance machines another day. I only take about a 10 second rest between lifts.
1. Bicep curls
2. Tricep curls (over your head) use a weight in each hand not just one weight held with both hands.
3. Shoulder press (sitting down on bench or standing up)
4. Chest curls (laying on bench or floor)
5. Squats (hold a dumbbell in each hand or a bar over your shoulders while squatting) right now I'm not using weights with these but after baby I will. I do 3 sets of 20
6. Plié squats (everything same as squats but point your toes out to the sides, it works your inner thighs)
7. Lunges (hold weights) I just go across the room.
After I complete three cycles of the circuit I do cardio for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your workout!!