Monday, January 6, 2014

Post Weekend...and I look pregnant.

Ahh it's Monday morning and I overslept (big surprise). So this is quick post I'm writing while I pump!

I stated pretty much on track this weekend except for dinner Saturday night. The hubs made feta and bacon stuffed steaks with baked potatoes and salad...um yum. But I've found that making healthier choices is not that hard when you take before pictures of yourself for the #jmdvdchallenge and a dietbet that make you feel like your 22 weeks pregnant all over again. Yeah I said it I look like I'm pregnant...but I'm not.....when I looked at those pictures I knew something has got to change. Am I going to post the pictures? You betcha! Just not today...

This weekend was pretty relaxing and my baby boy had sweet potatoes for the first time!

He barely had any on his face after because he loved them so much. I gave half of the little container and when it was gone he started crying so I gave him the rest of it! I've got a big eater on my hands. We are introducing solids pretty slow since I believe "food is fun until one" (thanks to my online Mommy group)! We're doing purees now and when he is able to start grabbing chunks of food and eating it (around 6.5 or 7 months) we will do more of a baby led weaning approach where they have pieces of actual food instead of purees.

And to go back to a more fitness related topic...I started running this weekend again! So I will be doing my Jillian workouts as well as running. Let me tell ya I prefer running well over Jillian Michaels but I am doing the JM dvd challenge so I will stick with my nemesis Jillian for a while.

I also dun dun dun....

SIGNED UP FOR MY FIRST HALF MARATHON!!! YES I'm that excited I had to put it in all caps! It's on May 17th so I have a while to train. But I am PUMPED and scared...but since I've signed up it will scare me into keeping up with training. Does anyone have any good half training plans??

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! Lets stay motivated!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely recommend the Hal Higdon Novice plan. I used it for my half and it was super reasonable because the longest run during the week is 5 miles. His long runs are always on the weekend. It is 12 weeks, but I trained for my half in 18 weeks and just doubled up some of the weeks. I also ended up actually running 13 miles a few weeks before the half just to make sure I could do it and then tapered back down to 10-ish miles the weekend before. Good luck! http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your first half! I still haven't braved that one, but I will one day. Can't believe how big he's getting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your first half!! How exciting!! When I did mine, I sort of followed the Hal Higdon Novice 1 plan and it worked great! Good luck to you!
    We did a kind of baby led weaning approach with our youngest, and he's an amazing eater so far!!

    ReplyDelete