Friday, March 18, 2016

What's Going On?!




Whew...it's been quite a while since I've done an update so here we go!  I had a scan back in February and it showed all my spots where I had Cancer previously gone but a new lymphnode lighting up under my right arm pit where it had never been before! I was devastated to say the least. They scheduled me for a biopsy to remove the lymphnode right away and I was preparing for the worst to hear the dreaded words "It's back." Thank the Lord though that wasn't what I heard...the lymphnode was benign! I am officially in remission. However, since my type of lymphoma is so aggressive I will be getting scanned every 3 months for the next 5 years. I am also receiving an immunotherapy drug called brentuximab that specifically targets Hodgkin's lymphoma cells and not normal cells so if their are any cancer cells left in me they will be obliterated. I get that infusion every 3 weeks until this coming December. Happily, my hair is growing back and guess what? It's curly now! I never had curly hair before so I'm sporting a bit of an afro but I am just grateful to have hair! The hubby and I are taking a trip to Puerto Vallarta just us to celebrate remission!
My curly hair!


Momming has not been easy lately. Little Jack has been giving me a run for my money. He is extremely moody and doesn't want to sleep. Typical two year old problems! We're also potty training so that's been fun. He is pretty good with "number one" but going "number two" usually at nap time when he is in a pull up. I just have to keep telling myself that we will get there. He starts pre school in September and needs to be potty trained by then so we got time. Hunter starts Kindergarten in September and will be doing all day kindergarten so I'm sure that will be an adjustment. We decided to go the all day route because he needs the extra stimulation and enrichment classes he will get. He is too smart for his own good sometimes so this should help with his boredom!

Last but not least is my weight loss situation. Before I was diagnosed I was in the middle of a weight loss journey losing 30 lbs and feeling great! After being diagnosed and starting treatment my over eating and emotional eating got out of control and I gained it all back plus some. I have a serious sugar addiction and couldn't control it. Even though I knew that Cancer loves and feeds on sugar I couldn't get off of it. Cakes, cookies, candy you name it I would eat it and not care until after when I felt bloated and sick to my stomach. I had to make a change.... a big one. So this New Year I dialed in my nutrition, cut out sugar and have lost 34 pounds in a couple of months. I have 25 more to go until I'm at goal but until then I will be updating my progress on here including before and during pics.

Well this is what has been going on lately... I plan on keeping up with the blog more because I do love the outlet it creates for me. So look for another post SOON detailing my weight loss and what exactly I'm doing that's working for me!

xoxo,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment