Saturday, August 25, 2012

Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins

I really should be folding laundry BUT I much rather share a wonderful recipe with you. The past few mornings I have noticed these bananas sitting on my counter getting riper and riper and browner and FINALLY today I thought I would do something about it. I did not want to make my usual chocolate chip banana bread (super delicious) because it has mucho calories that I don't have room for. So why not some cute little healthy muffins. Then I noticed I was out of flour...womp womp womp. Who needs white flour though? It's not so good for you anyway....AND these muffins clock in at only 99 calories each!

What you'll Need:
  • 2 cups Old fashioned Oats (not quick cooking)
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 cup (single serving container) light n fit strawberry greek yogurt (or plain, blue berry any flavor your little heart desires)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbs xylitol (natural sweetener)
  • 1 1/2 tbs sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

  1. First place oats in a blender or food processor (I did one cup at a time in a magic bullet) then put in a medium sized mixing bowl. 
  2. Then place bananas and yogurt in blender/food processor and blend. Pour over oats in bowl. 
  3. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Should look similar to this:






4. Then mix everything together with spatula or spoon:


5. GREASE your muffin pan with spray. Don't use liners just grease heavily. Then try to pour batter equally into 12 muffin spots:





6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Once toothpick comes out clean they're done!


Now, they aren't the prettiest muffins in the world but they are pretty yummy. Next time I am going to add a scoop or two of my vanilla whey protein powder. That should add a few calories to each one but make them much more filling!

By the way...if you're wondering what Xylitol is here is a picture. I get mine on amazon but you can use truvia or splenda as well. I just think xylitol tastes the best.









Well that's it...I hope everyone is having an AMAZING weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment