Sunday, April 19, 2015

({Healthy}) Spicy Asian Chicken Meatballs

Since my taste buds are all out of whack from my treatments I have been really craving and enjoying spicy foods! I buy jars of jalapenos just to put them on pretty much everything! :)

Here is a recipe I whipped up for my weekly meal prep. I will probably count 2 to 3 of these as a serving and serve them with either spaghetti squash or quinoa this week. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3 tblsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 3 tblsp Taste of Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce (or you could use honey)
  • 2 tsp sesame seeds
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp onion powder (or you could chop up onion)
  • 3tblsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients. There is really no particular order at all. I used my hands to do it yes its gross but it gets it mixed well! Then cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with a non stick spray. Form meat mixture into balls and arrange onto sheet. Bake for about 35 minutes. 
These were seriously so so easy to whip up! And I've already eaten two as a snack! They are full of protein and a great part of any meal plan.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did! 



No comments:

Post a Comment