Monday, March 21, 2016

Confessions of An Over Eater

Since I'm going to be sharing my weight loss journey with y'all I thought I better write about the reason why I became over weight in the first place. Getting down to the nitty gritty here as much as I don't want to I feel like its an important part of my story.

Food is my comfort. When I feel bad I want to eat. When I'm done eating I feel worse, so I would eat some more then feel even more bad. It's a vicious cycle. I've wrote before my favorite thing to eat was sugar. I loved all forms of it, and having two kids around the house who wanted sugary snacks didn't help with trying to keep it out of the house.  I knew I was an addict when I would find myself hiding my stashes of goodies. I would hide them in my car, nightstand, closet shelves behind things. Then when I would want to consume them I would hide that too. One day my hubby came into our room one evening and found me in the corner eating one of my kids chocolate bunnies from Easter last year. I looked like a deer in headlights when he found me. I was ashamed. At that point I wasn't ready to quit though, I was going through my Cancer treatments and "needed" my food for emotional support. So I kept eating sugar and gaining weight throughout my treatment. Of course the steroids I was on didn't help, but I could have controlled my eating better. However, I can't go back and change the past so I have to just move on.

Flash forward to November of 2015. One of my best friends was having success with a nutrition program and losing the last of her 100 lbs to lose! She looked amazing and she felt even better. I was just coming out of my transplant and wanted desperately to have her success. I followed her journey and that was the inspiration I needed to get started. So December 28th, 2015 I made that commitment to myself and began. It was hard but I was successful in it. I followed my meal plan to a tee and lost almost 6 lbs the first week. I've been continuously losing since then and feel great! My energy levels are up and I'm wearing my smaller clothes again. My weightloss goal is 59 lbs and I've lost 34 of it so I will be documenting the last 25 lbs! I am working out as well 5 days a week and weight lift 4 of those days. I have to confess yesterday I had a slip up and ate some frozen yogurt. I am so mad at myself for "relapsing," but am back on the wagon again. I weighed myself this morning and the scale was up 3 lbs (water retention from my sugar laden cheat) so we will see tomorrow (Monday), what the scale says after a day back on plan. I will post every Wednesday my current weight and how much I've lost for the week as well. Good ol' Weigh in Wednesday!





 photo signature_zpsjlqsiaqv.png

No comments:

Post a Comment